Annika asked me what Easter was for. I tried to explain, but she didn't understand how the rabbit got mixed in with Jesus. I changed the subject. She forgot her questions this morning when she realized the bunny had come and brought an abundance of goodies. Annika was a sport and helped Trevor...a bit... She was more concerned with finding enough to fill her bucket. She was also not interested in finding the eggs, just the candy. If she found an egg - "Trevor, come look over here". He found the peeps, her favorite. He was not convinced he didn't like them. In the end, they split everything down the middle. All of the actual eggs were found, so there is no chance of walking into the house in a few weeks and wondering what the odd smell is.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Happy Easter!
Annika asked me what Easter was for. I tried to explain, but she didn't understand how the rabbit got mixed in with Jesus. I changed the subject. She forgot her questions this morning when she realized the bunny had come and brought an abundance of goodies. Annika was a sport and helped Trevor...a bit... She was more concerned with finding enough to fill her bucket. She was also not interested in finding the eggs, just the candy. If she found an egg - "Trevor, come look over here". He found the peeps, her favorite. He was not convinced he didn't like them. In the end, they split everything down the middle. All of the actual eggs were found, so there is no chance of walking into the house in a few weeks and wondering what the odd smell is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
fun!!!
Looks like it was lots of fun. I always loved the Easter egg hunt. You and Diana weren't born yet, so you won't remember but for Matt's first Easter he re-hid everything and then one or two of the eggs could not be found until they had begun to smell.
Glad everybody had fun. I don't get what the Easter bunny has to do with anything either, but I do love the goodies. And,
I Love You,
Aunt Kathie
Sounds like a very fun egg hunt! I am reluctant to celebrate Easter at all, but our family finds it very important, so they are usually disappointed to find we don't make any big deal. We did have an egg hunt but basically the kids played bubbles and hung out. I am lame. I also have no idea about the bunny. I DO remember Trevor Van Auken dressed as the Easter Bunny at the Galleria-flashback!
Post a Comment